We are delighted to announce that in conjunction with the Agnus Dei Teaching School Alliance we will be running a four-week internship programme over the summer term offering students the opportunity to be placed in a number for schools in West, East and North London
RBTSA Lead School: The Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School – Addison Rd, Holland Park, W14 8BZ
(Start and end date: 24/06/19-19/07/19)
Agnus Dei Lead School: St Bonaventure’s School- Boleyn Rd, E7 9QD (Start and end date: 17/06/19-12/07/19)
(For those applying to complete a Physics internship greater flexibility can be provided with start dates)
Participants will be receive a £300 a week bursary for the 4-week programme, a total of £1200.
Opportunities will include:
- A greater understanding of the role of a teacher
- Observing and supporting lessons
- Preparing and teaching lesson components
- Providing support to individual pupils
- Running an enrichment club
- Supporting the wider life of the school including school trips
- Visiting other schools including a primary school
To take part you will require an A level in Mathematics (and Physics if you want to teach Physics) and will be in an undergraduate degree course in Mathematics, Physics, engineering or a STEM related subject.
Preference will be given to penultimate year students but all undergraduates can apply.
For those interested in applying, please click on the following link for the application form.