The Royal Borough Teaching School Alliance is pleased to offer the School Experience Programme (SEP) to those who are intending on applying for a place on a School Direct training programme to gain experience in a school setting in advance of making an application to start training. The School Experience Programme is a national programme co-ordinated by the DfE and more information can be found on the following website: www.getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/getting-school-experience.
As part of our School Experience Programme placement days we seek to provide experiences such as opportunities for:
- potential trainees to attend on identified days with other potential trainees to allow for discussion about their experience.
- observation of lessons in the potential trainee’s chosen subject.
- observation of lessons in other subjects.
- discussions with teachers about their careers and experiences.
- shadowing a student for a day.
- opportunities for potential trainees to work with students during lessons
- completing written and verbal tasks to assist preparation for the training year e.g. subject knowledge assessments and preparation for interviews.
If you are interesting in attending one of our School Experience Programme events at one of our lead schools please contact the appropriate colleague listed below:
Holland Park School: [email protected]
(Joe Holloway, Assistant Headteacher)
The Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School: [email protected]
(Patrick Lanigan, Associate Assistant Headteacher)
Thomas Jones Primary School: [email protected]
(Lucy Bramhall, Senior Leader)